I’m ambivalent about blog awards. I like the idea of more interaction between blogs, especially since the genre appears to be dying. But I intensely dislike the chain-letter-aspect apparent in rules like „Nominate AT LEAST 100 other people“ or something. Still, I’m an anarchist, as you know, so what do I care about rules, and I do like the idea.
So I am deeply grateful to cogitoergosum for nominating me and will now proceed to do as I was told. Mostly.
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog. Here you go:
2. List the rules. I’m doing that right now.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. I have.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. okoto enigma
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself. I will. Soon.
6. You have to nominate 10 – 20 people Fuck you I will nominate exactly as many people as I consider worthy of this great honor.
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog We’ll see about that.
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify) I’m going to take that in the mathematical/literal sense, and I’ll leave it to you to judge their weirdness.
9. Share a link to your best post(s) I’ll try.
3 things about myself:
- I don’t like meat. It’s not like I hate it. It’s alright. Just superfluous with so many tasty vegetables, fruits and stuff arount. But I wouldn’t be willing to go to all the trouble of slaughtering a cow for it. I’m not a vegetarian, though.
- I should cut my fingernails. They’ve gotten too long again.
- I think I might have some sort of antisocial personality quirk, but until now I’ve been too lazy to have it checked, although I’m curious. Also, I’m not sure if psychology is real science.
Now on to the 5 questions:
1 What, or who, inspires you?
I’m not sure I even know what that means. I don’t think anything does. Or everything? I get ideas from a lot of things. Including people. So I guess I might say the universe inspires me, if I wished to be pompous about it, which I don’t, so let me say very clearly I’m not saying that.
2 Which person – dead or alive – would you love to have dinner with?
Someone who is in some way responsible for Microsoft Office. I have so many questions. Dinner is optional.
3 What are you proud of?
I’m not big on pride. But I guess you could say I’m proud of Flirting With Darkness, my stories, and maybe this tweet, and my reply to it. (In case you didn’t notice, I just complied with rule 9.)
4 Twitter-contest with Trump or Pelmeni with Putin?
Definitely the latter, although I had to google Pelmeni. Sounds tasty.
5 If I was the new German chancellor, I would…?
use the Pelmeni occasion to ask for something akin to the deal Gerhard Schröder got.
Last point, nominations:
- Fichtenstein for helping keep me up to date on pop culture, for entertaining posts about other topics, and for promising ideas for what to watch or listen to, which I usually forget before following up on them.
- Onkel Maike for supporting me as leader of the Pferdepartei in her small, but important role as Steigbügelhalterin, and for posting eclectic but always entertaining and smart stuff like this.
- Joan’s cumdignitateotium, although she’s not a regular poster. But just look at this.
- ars libertatis. Haven’t visited his blog in a while, but hey, options are relatively thin on the ground and when he’s not talking bullshit about virtues and other philosophy stuff, he sometimes writes okay things about freedom and stuff. And freedom is important to me.
- I guess that’s it? All the other blogs that come to mind are either defunct or not good enough. I could nominate some Twitter accounts, but this is a blog award, so I won’t. So we’re done.
Oh wait. Rats. I forgot my five questions. Can’t just forget my five questions. So here you go, five Questions:
- Do you like meat?
- Do you think you’d write for Springer if they offered enough? For the purpose of this question, we will suppose that they might be generous, but the perspective should be in the realm of possibility, so if you’re going to say „Sure, for 500,000,000€ a day I might consider it“, please don’t. Or actually: Go ahead. You can just name a price. I guess that would be a good measure of your willingness to write for Springer, or lack of same.
- What’s your favorite post of mine?
- If you were caught in a different time stream than your own and had to kill Christian Weirich for a chance to return to your own, which kind of weapon would you use, if any?
- How do you feel about being nominated for this? Please be very honest and very extensive in your answer, especially if your feelings run in the general direction of „Was this really necessary I HATE those things!“
And NOW we’re done.